upgrade coupons

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amamba

Engineer
So I know that one can redeem 10,000 AGR points for 5 one class upgrade coupons at the guest rewards website. anyway to get just one? I don't really want to blow 10K points when I only want one upgrade coupon. I looked at ebay, etc. and just wanted to throw it out there if anyone knew of a way to buy/barter for just one.

So I know that one can redeem 10,000 AGR points for 5 one class upgrade coupons at the guest rewards website. anyway to get just one? I don't really want to blow 10K points when I only want one upgrade coupon. I looked at ebay, etc. and just wanted to throw it out there if anyone knew of a way to buy/barter for just one.
Be careful, the buying or bartering of coupons is against Amtrak's policy.

Wow, I had no idea! I have plans to take Acela to Philly in May and was thinking about that first class upgrade. I might just suck it up and buy the points, but I'll check out coupon connections, too on Flyertalk. it seems a shame that amtrak doesn't sell them in smaller amounts (less than 5) since they don't allow bartering, but hey, the rules are the rules and I don't want to do something I shouldn't be or that is ethically questionable.

Wow, I had no idea! I have plans to take Acela to Philly in May and was thinking about that first class upgrade. I might just suck it up and buy the points, but I'll check out coupon connections, too on Flyertalk. it seems a shame that amtrak doesn't sell them in smaller amounts (less than 5) since they don't allow bartering, but hey, the rules are the rules and I don't want to do something I shouldn't be or that is ethically questionable.
I agree. I wish I could just buy one or two also. They are really worth it on the Acela. I did this last October from Boston to Washington. 6+ hours in first class! Free drinks, two free (good) meals, and personal service!

I wouldn't worry about buying them. I might worry if I was a seller. AGR can respond to sellers ads and enforce it that way, but I don't think they are going to make a sting operation of trying to lure buyers into trading coupons.

Back