Upgraded!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this “The Year Of A Million Dreams” for Amtrak? WDW did this in 2005 for Disneyland’s 50th Birthday. It’s Amtrak’s 50th now.

Do enjoy it and congratulations.

But I can't help but think that this is a yield management failure. There are only 2 bedrooms on 449 and they couldn't sell one of them? That would be at least indirect evidence they kept the price too high for too long. I don't mind the high prices as long as they can get it, but if they aren't getting it, they are denying willing customers at a lower price point and compounding their losses.

I was booked on Sunday’s departure of 449 from Boston to Chicago. I paid a higher bucket for a roomette and got 9. Was perfectly happy. Then tonight I got an email from Amtrak and I had been moved to bedroom A. What a surprise.

Ive never had this happen before.
Are you an Amtrak elite member….if so, what level? Otherwise, on what basis would they prioritize upgrades?

I’m select plus. Not even sure of what I’ll be next year. Amtrak does not process upgrades like airlines and cruises. It’s generally not done unless there’s a operational issue that calls for rebooking or if the SCA randomly moves you to a better room so they don’t have to rush Cleanimg up the room you were supposed to occupy. Neither of these conditions apply to my trip.

I’m select plus. Not even sure of what I’ll be next year. Amtrak does not process upgrades like airlines and cruises. It’s generally not done unless there’s a operational issue that calls for rebooking or if the SCA randomly moves you to a better room so they don’t have to rush Cleanimg up the room you were supposed to occupy. Neither of these conditions apply to my trip.
Maybe you are just "special." :)
You have been traveling an awful lot this year (more than most people I know). I am guessing you will be Select Executive next year. 👍

Back