Uploading Photos to this Site

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to upload one or two photos with a comment? I see there's an "Insert Image" icon, but that requests a URL, suggesting your photo(s) must already be posted on some website. I am preparing a trip report and would like to include a few snapshots. I considered posting a slideshow on Slide.com or some other site, but I'm having trouble. When I reduced the originals to web-friendly file size, the resolution was terrible. Taking good shots from a moving train is hard enough as it is.

Any thoughts or ideas, dos and don'ts, would be appreciated. I'm not a computer idiot, but then again am not a guru at these things. Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only a way using the code to embed a photo hosted elsewhere on the web. I suggest uploading your photo to flickr. I think that's a good photo hosting site.

Is it possible to upload one or two photos with a comment? I see there's an "Insert Image" icon, but that requests a URL, suggesting your photo(s) must already be posted on some website. I am preparing a trip report and would like to include a few snapshots. I considered posting a slideshow on Slide.com or some other site, but I'm having trouble. When I reduced the originals to web-friendly file size, the resolution was terrible. Taking good shots from a moving train is hard enough as it is.
Any thoughts or ideas, dos and don'ts, would be appreciated. I'm not a computer idiot, but then again am not a guru at these things. Many thanks.
In my experience, yeah, a photo needs to be somewhere online in order to be placed in a post. I prefer to give readers the option by linking to photos posted on Picasa (it's free!).

KATO%20P42%20Via%20Rail%20Factory.jpg

Cool Canadian pic eh

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back