Use this thread for member questions about s/w upgrade please.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish to thank the forum for trying the animated avatars. Until it was tried there was no way to judge the impact on the community as a whole.

I offer my apologies to any who were disturbed by my animated Klingon - I fully understand that animated avatars can have an undesired impact and have no issues with them being disabled.

I am thankful to the staff for supplying me with a suitable static avatar until I could upload one of my own.

For people needing to see the forum larger. In your laptop settings you can change the font to 100%, 125% and 150%. Or for a less permanent method try control and +, smaller control and -. To get back to normal control and zero.

Not that I need these summaries of each individual forum, but the teal text on a translucent black background is very hard to read.

EqZZl73.jpg

Not that I need these summaries of each individual forum, but the teal text on a translucent black background is very hard to read.

EqZZl73.jpg

Thanks for showing that to me. I've asked for better contrast between letting and background.

Just posted @ 3:44PM CDT on Milwaukee Road Thread and there is No Edit Option shown??
Please provide the link as there is not a thread with Milwaukee Road in the title. Or at least what forum and what thread title, and post number?

https://www.amtraktrains.com/thread...unching-and-analysis.73720/page-5#post-837588That apparently is the thread.

And Bob if you are on the app, uninstall and then reinstall. I did an analysis of your account for that forum and you do have permissions for 24 hours (1440 minutes) from that post to edit it.

Check other forums you've posted in today and see if you have edit ability there. Try looking at one of your posts in this thread.

https://www.amtraktrains.com/thread...unching-and-analysis.73720/page-5#post-837588That apparently is the thread.

And Bob if you are on the app, uninstall and then reinstall. I did an analysis of your account for that forum and you do have permissions for 24 hours (1440 minutes) from that post to edit it.

Check other forums you've posted in today and see if you have edit ability there. Try looking at one of your posts in this thread.
Thanks Angie! I got it to work!!!

Did not know it was coming. Could not access it for the last few days. Finally, just able to access the Forum this evening. I see no advantages to the "improvement" other than more ads and requests to sign in to Google.

There appears to be no icon next to the topics on which to click to go to the next unread message. If so, that is an improvement? Hmm....

Surely, I am glad once again to be able to read and post my experiences/views/opinions based upon my Amtrak experience. But, why make a change when the Forum seemed to me that it was working quite well.

No to making the last image not seen via the app. Make another post appropriate for that thread, and that will not be the last one you see.

No to making the last image not seen via the app. Make another post appropriate for that thread, and that will not be the last one you see.

The picture shown is not in the last post. That picture shows up every time that thread appears in the “new posts” list.

We had notice from back on the 11th:
https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/software-update-later-today.77170/
Just clicking on a thread takes you to the most recent unread thread. No need to hit a tiny icon.

I did see the notice. My previous password would not work when the Forum became live again. I tried repeatedly over 2 days. Zip. I needed to make a new password in order to gain access. Why does clicking on a thread to get to the most recent unread post an improvement over clicking on an icon? I fail to see the "improvement" in the Forum.

Since that image was on the App, it does not apply now since the App was discontinued last night.

Back