using AGR coupons...

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

HARHBG

Service Attendant
Has anyone out there tried to use a companion coupon along with an upgrade coupon? I'd like to buy my fiends a round trip on the NEC and utilize some of these coupons I've got.

Anybody have any success in using a companion coupon and then upgrading those tickets to Business Class using an upgrade coupon?

I've called Amtrak Customer Service 5 times now posing that very question and gotten 2 different responses.

2 responses say Yes, you can use both coupons on a single reservation.

3 times I've been told No, only one coupon per reservation.

I just am always amazed at the inconsistency of info given out to me each and every time I call into Amtrak "Central".

seat38a

Engineer
Has anyone out there tried to use a companion coupon along with an upgrade coupon? I'd like to buy my fiends a round trip on the NEC and utilize some of these coupons I've got.

Anybody have any success in using a companion coupon and then upgrading those tickets to Business Class using an upgrade coupon?

I've called Amtrak Customer Service 5 times now posing that very question and gotten 2 different responses.

2 responses say Yes, you can use both coupons on a single reservation.

3 times I've been told No, only one coupon per reservation.

I just am always amazed at the inconsistency of info given out to me each and every time I call into Amtrak "Central".
One coupon per reservation. You also must pay full price (no discounts) to use the coupon. For example, on one reservation, if I buy a ticket for myself and then use a companion coupon, I can't use an upgrade coupon for myself. I have to pay to upgrade, also, you the one traveling on the companion coupon can't double dip as well.

HARHBG

Service Attendant
Thanks !! for the responses. Not exactly what I was wanting to read but...............again, THANKS !!