Vaccine proof required for NYP lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a photo of my card next to my drivers license. I also recently got a message from Rite Aid, where I got my shots, letting me know they partnered with Clear so I downloaded that and now have a QR code to use. Plus I can pull up the details which is nice because the people who filled out my card had terrible handwriting.

I know some states oppose them, but both NYC and NY State have easy to use digital passport systems. I have my vax data in the NYS pass, and whenever I test, I can add the same day pass for a rapid, and the 3 day pass for the PCR. The test passes go away as the dates pass, so far the vax is marked for one year. They can be printed out from a weblink if you don't have or carry a smartphone.

Plus I can pull up the details which is nice because the people who filled out my card had terrible handwriting.

Working a couple shot events later this month. We’re short handed, and doing the best we can. Hospital are filling up again. So the retired folks are working the shot clinic. Handwriting skills are not tested before.😳

That's a good point, the regular Excelsior Pass just shows vax status/date, but if I set Excelsior Plus, it gives me vaccination site (CitiField for both) dates of each dose, and lot numbers. I just printed that out and stuck it in the file, and generally carry the "regular"

I know some states oppose them, but both NYC and NY State have easy to use digital passport systems.
Are you aware of any state or local app that works for residents outside the state or locality? Apparently California's app will only accept information about an injection in California.

Thanks, Betty. I didn't see any mention in the Condé Nast article of a state or local app that is useful for non-residents, nor a discussion of price (I understand that Clear is around $179, but I'd be happy to be mistaken), but it's certainly more information than I had before.
But I'll look.
Thanks. I investigated California because I expect to visit there, and I was disappointed that I couldn't use the California app for anything useful.

When vaccination commenced, it was agreed that regardless of who ran the site, FEMA, State, County, City, or private each State would be responsible for the setting of policy and documentation required, and central recordkeeping, and that there would be no central Federal database. Some of the wackos think Bill gates or George Soros can access it via the implanted microchips, I've told a few they need to wear Faraday cages. So most state apps that pull or verify records, only see what is administered in their state. We did set up a process for NY to get verification to home states, since we did have a "tourist vax" program that was pretty successful. (Come to NYC, get a shot, get cool benefits like baseball tickets, museum admission, fare cards for transit) lots of folks liked getting a shot under the famous Blue Whale at the Museum of Natural History.. So my site was a NYC site, but I had to fill out a NYS record form for the visit.

Thanks, Betty. I didn't see any mention in the Condé Nast article of a state or local app that is useful for non-residents, nor a discussion of price (I understand that Clear is around $179, but I'd be happy to be mistaken), but it's certainly more information than I had before.

Thanks. I investigated California because I expect to visit there, and I was disappointed that I couldn't use the California app for anything useful.
You don’t need to pay for the Clear Heath.

I know some states oppose them, but both NYC and NY State have easy to use digital passport systems. I have my vax data in the NYS pass, and whenever I test, I can add the same day pass for a rapid, and the 3 day pass for the PCR. The test passes go away as the dates pass, so far the vax is marked for one year. They can be printed out from a weblink if you don't have or carry a smartphone.
Problem is its data source is New York State records. Doesn't work for those vaccinated elsewhere.

I can download the Excelsior Pass app, but it won't do me any good. There is the NYC COVID Safe app, but all that is is a wrapper around photos of your driver's license and CDC card. And you could put picture of anything at all in it.

Supposedly there will be a way to add the vaccine card to Apple Wallet soon but I'm not sure how that works in real life or which states will accept it.

Are you aware of any state or local app that works for residents outside the state or locality? Apparently California's app will only accept information about an injection in California.
I received my shots at the VA and California did not have a record. They just asked me to upload a photo of the card and driver's license and I had the link to the state card in a few days. It is just a QR code and shot info at a web page. You have to take a snapshot of it and save that. It is not an app.

As more and more places require it, particularly those that will see very large numbers of non locals, it will certainly be common. In NYC, Broadway shows are reopening, (some big ones tonight) and they will be loaded with non NY residents. MSG in season, sees tons of NJ residents for Rangers and Knicks.

As more and more places require it, particularly those that will see very large numbers of non locals, it will certainly be common. In NYC, Broadway shows are reopening, (some big ones tonight) and they will be loaded with non NY residents. MSG in season, sees tons of NJ residents for Rangers and Knicks.
Well, I am coming to New York in November and the Excelsior Pass uses New York State data sources only. It has no access to to the Washington Department of Health Immunizations database where my vaccination records reside.

Interstate release of records is a big stumbling block. We need a common standard vaccine passport that can be issued by Washington and accepted by New York.

Here is the a screen shot from the Excelsior Pass website on their source of data:
Screenshot_20210914-162942_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there is a huge block of people who fear central databases like the type that would be useful here... The tinfoil hat brigade would have a field day... hopefully, private apps that at least allow storage of info from various sources will become common. We vaccinated lots of "out of towners" here, and are still doing it. Clearly, those need to be useable immediately for certain admissions. We even park mobile vaccination buses in popular tourist spots. We accept any WHO approved vaccine to cover foreign tourists, and you don't need to have completed a 2 shot (if req') regimen, or wait 2 weeks. It is more an inducement than anything..COVID-19: Vaccine Key to NYC - NYC Health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back