Vancouver BC Cascades

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bretton88

Conductor
I will be taking the AM train out of Vancouver to Seattle. How does customs work in the Vancouver boarding process? How long does it usually take? Will business class get me any priority through customs? Sorry about all the questions, but I'm just trying to plan things out a bit and can't find any information on google about the customs process for the Cascades.

Did it two months ago and business class was called first: show e-ticket at the gate; a few steps then show passport; another few steps to the baggage screening machine; get baggage at other end of machine; hoof it down the platform to drop checked bags off with the baggage car loader; a short walk to your car; in business class be subjected to the steady chatter of somebody on their phone for the next few hours (aaarrgh!).

Did it two months ago and business class was called first: show e-ticket at the gate; a few steps then show passport; another few steps to the baggage screening machine; get baggage at other end of machine; hoof it down the platform to drop checked bags off with the baggage car loader; a short walk to your car; in business class be subjected to the steady chatter of somebody on their phone for the next few hours (aaarrgh!).
Thank you. I'll be sure to avoid the customs rush crowd by arriving early enough for the business class boarding.

While Business Class is called first, Business class always gets priority check in no matter when you show up. There will be a podium with Coach check in on the right side and Business Class check in on the left side. There will be a possibly long line leading to the right of the podium, and a short or non-existent line leading to the left side. The agent will serve the Business Class passenger pretty much before the next Coach passenger up when you step up to the podium.

Once past check in, there is one line leading around the corner to US Immigration (It is a two-step process. Customs is still done at the border in Blaine, WA in US territory).

I've taken the afternoon train regularly for years, the morning train is the same process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back