Vermonter: Business Class or Coach?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
I’m looking to take the Vermonter round trip from Philadelphia to Montpelier next October. I plan to use my Guest Rewards points. The question I have is should I go in Coach or should I opt for Business Class? It is about a 10 hour ride, and I would like to be comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum

I’m curious. When we took the Vermonter BC from St. Albans, the car was on the rear with the nice railfan rear window. We were then next to the engine after it reversed at Palmer jct. is it now on the rear the whole trip on the new routing?

You get free coffee, water, etc., in business class, which is a nice perk, but the real reason is to make sure you have a seat. If you are just traveling north of New York and to/from New England, coach is fine. But between Washington and New York, the Vermonter coaches can be just like the regionals--crowded, with people putting their stuff all over two seats and pretending to be asleep. It's not worth the aggravation in my opinion.

Back