VIA New Corridor Trains - 2021 Update

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

By “delivered”, do they mean it’s in Toronto? Seems awfully quick to get there.
But they look super nice, I didn’t realize the picture was real at first. I much prefer VIA’s cab over Amtraks.
My interpretation is that it’s just now finished at Siemens’ factory in Sacramento, and is/will be en route to Toronto. Granted, I may be wrong, but some context from VIA would be nice to clarify.

If they come through Michigan to get to the corridor, I know I’ll be heading out to see them.

Reactions: Cal

Urban Sky

Service Attendant
My interpretation is that it’s just now finished at Siemens’ factory in Sacramento, and is/will be en route to Toronto. Granted, I may be wrong, but some context from VIA would be nice to clarify.

If they come through Michigan to get to the corridor, I know I’ll be heading out to see them.
From a different forum:
The VIA set has departed Turner Illinois on Sept 28 0156 am.

Turner is a control point (CP) where Union Pacific's ex-Chicago & North Western main line to Omaha crosses the Canadian National's single track Elgin, Joliet & Eastern in West Chicago.

jis

Engineer
AU Lifetime Supporter
Gathering Team Member

SubwayNut

Conductor
Really wish I could have gotten some photos of these two trainsets rolling on the CN line that's right near my house. Sounds like it was the middle of the night so I didn't miss much. Would love if there was an easy way to track these passenger equipment moves.