Video about transit and traffic

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny arguments! Looks more like comedy IMHO.

Nice trackless trolleys, too. I think those guys are great, flexible and efficient. But not as flexible as a bus, not as fast as rail vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were some cuts in the sound that made parts a bit frustrating to listen to, but it was pretty easy to follow (as most videos like this from that era tend to be). The "100 lanes of freeway" bit was somewhat hyperbolic, I think (it's more like somewhere between 8 and 12, in all likelihood (this is, incidentally, about where a lot of your most massive freeways end up topping out), but the cost point remains valid (the best example that comes to mind being the estimated cost of the widening of the DC Beltway).

Moreover, the video encapsulates my lament about a lot of areas: I'd rather take a train (or streetcar/LRT service) into many area, but the services just don't exist anymore (or where something does exist, its frequencies are awful).

Fine video overall. I just wish GE had managed to beat GM to a pulp on this issue.

Back