Viewliner and Superliner Technical Drawings?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

New to the forum, and I was curious if there's a database or someone with any sort of cross sections and plans of the view liner and superliner sleeping cars. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi there,

Thanks for the links, the Craigmashburn link is really helpful and a great start.

What I'd really like to find is something a bit more technical. Below is the kind of detail or info I'm looking for. Do you know if it exists for Amtrak's fleet?
Em_-4YpVcAAxHFX

Below is the kind of detail or info I'm looking for. Do you know if it exists for Amtrak's fleet?
Em_-4YpVcAAxHFX

I am missing something here or am I missing something ?
What kind of detail ?

There were some drawings in one of the periodic reports a few years back. I'm not sure if I saved them somewhere, or maybe someone else remember which doc and then it will be easier to find.. I'll look, but not sure if I saved. It was one of the planning docs for fleet planning.

Thanks PVD. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for. What I'd really like to find are the interior dimensions inside a Viewliner, ceiling height, interior wall to wall dimensions etc...I'm really curious to see how these are put together especially as they seem to have high ceilings.

I believe Trains Mag had a 1979 issue with detailed plans of the Superliner. I think it was the November issue, I have it somewhere.

Back