Viewliner II Part 4: Sleeping Car production, delivery, deployment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From this video I see the Viewliner 2's H room also has that window. We had an H room from NYC to Chicago. It was superb: lots of floor space, big bathroom, and views out both sides, thanks to that window and an outside aisle window across the aisle from it.

I’ll be on the Silver Meteor tomorrow so I called Amtrak today and they put me in car 12 which is supposed to be the new one. I was originally assigned car 11 but really wanted to try to new product. Will report back.
Take lots of pics. Even a nice & slow video room tour, if you can. Thx.

Again, I saw the Silver Meteor train 97 today (1/8/21) in Orlando. Again, the 12 sleeper was a Viewliner II

Can you request a VII Room in the 12 Sleeper or is it "pot luck" when you book?
When I make reservations (or used to make reservations), I request certain rooms and cars, and usually get them if I get a good phone agent. I have mixed emotions about the change since I am one of those who likes an in-room restroom - but would also like a "new" room. Since I have saved a bunch of money this year by not traveling, my guess is the next time I travel overnight (maybe 30 days after my second vaccination), I will try to get a bedroom in a V II.

While walking today, I saw Silver Meteor 98 in Orlando. There were 2 V-I sleepers deadheading up front, 3 sleepers in the rear, one of which (the 12 car) was a V-II, after the baggage car, was a PV - Chapel Hill.

So did they actually remove that damn bar that used to block access to the overhead luggage cubby? Suggested that years ago but was always told it was a safety issue.

Also that new sink design looks rather shallow. I really do hope they fixed the water pressure. Always was too high and splashed everywhere.

...and I saw today's Silver Meteor 98 in Orlando. There were 3 engines in the consist, and like yesterday's train, the 12 sleeper was a V-II.

Also that new sink design looks rather shallow. I really do hope they fixed the water pressure. Always was too high and splashed everywhere.

The sink itself looked larger to me, but the water splashing issue has been an irritation. The water controls appear different; maybe that will help one to be better able to control the flow of water.

The sink itself looked larger to me, but the water splashing issue has been an irritation. The water controls appear different; maybe that will help one to be better able to control the flow of water.
The water pressure is indeed better...more akin to a normal faucet at home rather than the power-washer jets of years past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back