Viewliner II Prototype

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well don't forget the "Buy American" rules apply more to where the product is being manufactured and who is making it, not where the profits are going. Bombardier, Talgo, CAF, and Nippon Sharyo are all major suppliers of American railroads, but the profits are going outside our borders.
However, that is better than all of the money spent on them going outside our borders. At least the wages are being paid to people working in the US along with the associated Social Security, etc.

Are they planning to do something with A/C system in new cars?

Currently there is no way to adjust temperature in the room. They have some "thermostat", but it's never working and cold air is blowing from A/C all the time. We have to block it with wash clothes, but this is ridiculous. My kids got sick several times after riding trains.

Are they planning to do something with A/C system in new cars? Currently there is no way to adjust temperature in the room. They have some "thermostat", but it's never working and cold air is blowing from A/C all the time. We have to block it with wash clothes, but this is ridiculous. My kids got sick several times after riding trains.
It is my understanding that the knob only controls the heat in the winter.

Cannot remember on Viewliners, but on Superliners you can divert or completely close the a/c vent. Does not always work, but it was designed for it.

Are they planning to do something with A/C system in new cars? Currently there is no way to adjust temperature in the room. They have some "thermostat", but it's never working and cold air is blowing from A/C all the time. We have to block it with wash clothes, but this is ridiculous. My kids got sick several times after riding trains.

Cannot remember on Viewliners, but on Superliners you can divert or completely close the a/c vent. Does not always work, but it was designed for it.
That is the correct info Printman

We just did a trip on 4 Superliner trains in family bedrooms. And on each train we had this problem. It's not possible to completely close A/C vent. You can only close it a little, but it doesn't really help. The only way to "close" it - push 5-6 wash clothes into vent and car attendants are well aware about this. They even helped us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back