Viewliner on Train 308?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShiningTimeStL

Train Attendant
I was downtown yesterday at my buddy’s apartment watching the Fair St. Louis Air Show by the arch, and I noticed a train traversing the bridge heading over to the Gateway Station. It immediately caught my attention due to the presence of a Viewliner car, impossible for me to tell whether it was a diner or sleeper. Looking at the online live tracker it appeared to be Lincoln Service train 308 arriving 7 minutes early from CHI. I’m perplexed, almost speechless. Anybody have any ideas on this? I mean when I think about it, there’s really no reason I should be seeing a Viewliner in STL for any reason in the first place unless it’s just being transported... but where? And why?

The Viewliner I diner has been being used as an axle count car on the Missouri River Runner lately, so it is possible another car was being transported from Chicago for that purpose. However, there is no Lincoln Service 308, and if it did exist it would be a northbound train. Did you mean 307?

Back