Vinesse wine 5,000 point offer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else get the Vinesse bonus offer?

You get 5,000 AGR points if you order two boxes. The first box of six bottles is at a promotional rate of $42, which includes shipping. 2,000 AGR points are given for the first box. You get an additional 3,000 points for your second box - although the pricing is somewhat opaque. They say that after your first box you get wine for $12-$17 per bottle plus shipping. But the fine print when you enroll says that future bottles will cost $17 per bottle "or the then-current rate."

It looks like it is worth just getting the first box, since it is essentially free when you factor in the value of the 2,000 points. You can cancel at any time.

I think that I am going to stay away from this offer, however, since their reviews are absolutely atrocious.
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/...a consumer rating,ranks 69th among Wine sites.

The biggest red flag for me is that cancellation does not seem to be easy - and many people get an unwanted shipment before their cancellation goes through.

I have tested this offer a few months ago and unfortunately my conclusion is that it's a scam.

The first shipment arrived relatively quickly, but it was a pretty big disappointment: Ordering the white wine package, but instead of a selection of white wine we received 3 bottles of the same white wine, and 3 bottles of the same rose. Neither of them were good wines (I would even say they are not even worth the promotional price). So a few days before the next shipment was due, I e-mailed Vinesse and cancelled - which surprisingly was easy and smooth.

After two months I realised I still haven't received the 2,000 Reward Points, so I reached out and they explained to me that they don't award points if the account was closed within 3 weeks of the first shipment which I then found out was hidden in the fineprint. Fair enough, my fault for not looking at that. However: If I had waited for the full 3 weeks, they would have sent me my next shipment already (for a full price of more than $140 for probably the same bad wine as the first shipment). Hence my conclusion that it's a scam.

Back