VL II diner on today's NB Crescent?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisInGeorgia

Train Attendant
We'll be on today's northbound Crescent for WAS, hoping against hope that we'll get to experience one of the new dining cars.

If you're along the route from New Orleans, could you please watch and see whether you can spot a new Viewliner 2 diner, then post it here? This may be our last rail trip for a good while, so we're sure in hopes we can experience one now. A patched up Heritage in working order is just great, but a VLII is sure high on our wish list. Keep an eye peeled for us, and thanks.

I'm not sure where you're boarding to know if you're referring to 20(8) or 20(9) but I suppose it doesn't matter since neither of them have a new VII.

You should look at this trip as your last chance to experience a Heritage diner before they are gone forever.

I'd love a guarantee that we'll even rt to enjoy a Heritage on 20(9) given the abysmal timekeeping with the 20 trains. The TCL singe-track delays, and the new crowding at ATL and BHM yards, any diner is likely to be closed by the time it reaches ATL station. Sure wish we had an advocate to help Amtrak keep a schedule into Atlanta. Oh well

Back