Voucher Questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kal-tex

Train Attendant
1. Some time ago, I was issued a travel voucher. I have not yet used it because almost all of my train travel is long distance using my AGR points. If I am not able to use it by its expiration date, can the date be extended?

2. If I use the voucher for a short trip that does not use all of its value, will I be issued a new voucher for the remaining amount? If so, will that new voucher have a different expiration date, or will it expire at the same time as the original?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1) Yes, IF you contact Customer Service and mail it to them to be received BEFORE the expiration date!
excl.gif

2) Yes. If the full value is not used, you will receive a new voucher for the remaining value good for 1 year from that date!
cool.gif

#1) Yes! Call Amtrak Representative over the phone. The representative will explain it to you the procedure. You can only extended it once for another year. Or you can go to the nearest station that is staffed by ticket agent.

#2) I know that it will give you the difference on a voucher, but I'm not sure about the expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back