VRF Videos Terminated By YouTube

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshP

Service Attendant
Notice:

I always enjoyed watching their live feeds of Amtrak trains. but all the sudden YouTube killed ALL of their live feeds and says VRF violated the TOS.

I'm so curious what happened.

From VRF's Facebook page.

They posted an unlisted video of a Fatality for Authorities to review if needed. And I guess that YouTube had an issue with it.. Even though it was privately listed and NOT viewable by the public. They say that they were trying to do the right thing, which I agree with. But YouTube took issue with it. They say that they're down for 7 days pending an appeal. Which honestly, YouTube done messed up.

YouTube's TOS applies to all videos posted to their servers regardless of if it's listed or not.
The Ashland camera is back as of about 1am, but strangely the bookmark in my Favorites folder still doesn't work. If I do a search for "Ashland VA" within YouTube, it briefly flashes the suspension notice and then switches to the live camera.

I am now able to get the various virtual railfan cameras that I view back, but like joelkfla I have had to re-search for them and re-bookmark them. My original bookmarks simply come up with the "violation" message.

A lot of railfan are bashing VRF for profiting and getting views off of tragedy such as the Tuscon shooting and parkville incident, among others. I don’t know much about them other than the tuscon shooting.

Back