Waiting room for Autotrain Sanford

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leacrane

Train Attendant
first time heading North, got to get out of Florida to be near my Healthcare providers just in case

I'm petrified about waiting in crowded room w hundreds of other "high risk" passengers..(Im 65..at the low end of high.!) My trip down from Lorton in Jan was late so conditions in wait room were oppressive.

Has anyone taken autotrain N lately? Can passengers "spread out" by waiting outside? Should I drive in latest possible time to minimize the wait?
tx

SFA has a really nice large renovated playground area with picnic tables and benches. The same end of the platform has a series of 2-top tables. There's also a row of benches between the playground and "smokers corner". Everyone is familiar with my pre-boarding picnics. Just for my info: are the groceries in Orlando as krazy as Maryland (mostly empty shelves - no meat, no pasta, no bread, etc etc!).

Just for my info: are the groceries in Orlando as krazy as Maryland (mostly empty shelves - no meat, no pasta, no bread, etc etc!).
To keep this thread on topic, I will PM you with a response.

The Sanford station is large and there were plenty of opportunities to separate oneself from others. I would not be concerned. My trip North was in late January and the conditions surely may have changed. But, I think, if you feel a need to get away from other passengers in the Station, you will be comfortably able to do so.

Back