WAS lounge refresh 2023

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for posting this, Betty. Were you the first one in?😊

What did you think of it?

Nice, but no ice, and the fridge is mostly empty, with just one lonely, tiny bottle of water. Still a poor selection of snacks compared to some other lounges.

Is that a filtered water dispenser on the right end if the counter?
Looks like maybe they’re still stocking the fridge? The coffee machine looks good.

I can’t tell what the snacks are, but I agree they seem a bit limited.

I had a short time in there waiting for my train. I glanced in the luggage closet. It seemed a bit roomier, probably because it’s painted white. It’s been years since I’ve used it, so only have a vague memory to compare it to.
I rarely ever used the snack area, but knew it was something others would like to see.

Nice, but no ice, and the fridge is mostly empty, with just one lonely, tiny bottle of water. Still a poor selection of snacks compared to some other lounges.

Is that a filtered water dispenser on the right end if the counter?
Look at the water dispenser again. Ice on the left, water on the right.

I suspect they haven't restocked since closing it on the 20th. Those are probably the left over drinks and snacks they were giving out in the temporary lounge.

Thanks for posting this, Betty. Were you the first one in?😊

What did you think of it?

Looks like maybe they’re still stocking the fridge? The coffee machine looks good.

I can’t tell what the snacks are, but I agree they seem a bit limited.
See my reply to joelkfla.

I was hoping they'd replace the tacky images on the walls but I guess that was asking for too much. Seems like the same fridge, ice machine, and coffee machine that they added in Philly.

Also, does the ice machine work now?

Back