WAS: No movements in or out, 4/1 Afternoon

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Court Jester
Just got here to find a madhouse. From MARC:

Due to current switching issues in Union Station, no MARC trains will arrive or depart at this time. Updates will follow as they are received.

Not sure. They loaded 136, lets see if it leaves.

ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1459544480.138742.jpg

Would be a good day to have CA access.

Edit: they've started boarding the 4:40 30 min late so maybe things are going to open up. The 4:50 Brunswick and 5:10 Penn (and everything later) still show delayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're starting to load trains up, apparently the air pressure that drives the switches is dead. They're going to run around and hand throw switches to start getting trains moving.

I ended up on an express train to BWI, not even stopping at NCR, which apparently puts us at the front of the line to get out. Across the way, I can see them starting to load up the 6:00 Acela as well. What a week!!!

It's happening again I believe, folks!

I managed to sneak in unaffected, but while turning in my money I heard someone claiming it was happening again. And if you look at the website, everything after me is delayed coming in to WAS, and a few were thrown in to service disruption station.

Will I be able to sneak out unaffected tomorrow I hope? :ph34r:

(Thanks AmtrakBlue for pointing out my mistake. Wasn't paying attention!)

Can confirm - I'm on the Crescent now, having departed 3 hours behind schedule due to a compressor failing on the switches. Doesn't matter to me since my priorities lay elsewhere, but Amtrak can certainly provide adventures, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back