Washington, DC * hotels near station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaki

Train Attendant
A friend of mine is taking her two grandchildren (age 10 & 12) to DC. Currently, she has a reservation at the Quality Inn on New York Ave., the reviews don't look good. Is there a better place to stay that is close to the Amtrak station?

I stay at the Hotel Harrington. An older hotel, not fancy, but the price is reasonable and it's right there in the middle of things at 11th and E :) street. Two blocks to the museums, one block from the FBI building, and two blocks from the Metro Center subway stop.

Thank you!!!

The location IS good, it has good reviews on Tripadvisor.

I gave her the information about the Harrington; she is going to call them.

I second the recommendation on the Harrington. I've stayed there 4 or 5 times and only had one bad room. Not bad for a place that old.

OK, it has been over 10 years since I was in DC, but my first thought would be, DUMP THE PLACE ON NEW YORK AVENUE ! ! Aside frm being in a somewhat questionable area, you are likely to need a taxi to go anywhere.

Only way to not need to dump it: If I recall correctly WMATA was building a station where the red line crossed New York Avenue. IF and only IF the motel is in a close walking distance to that station and IF and only IF you will be back in the room before dark without fail, then it might be a worthwhile place to stay.

Only way to not need to dump it: If I recall correctly WMATA was building a station where the red line crossed New York Avenue. IF and only IF the motel is in a close walking distance to that station and IF and only IF you will be back in the room before dark without fail, then it might be a worthwhile place to stay.
They did indeed build that station at NY and Florida Ave's, the official address is on Florida Ave. It's just off of NY Ave. This was the first inline station built in the DC Metro.

My mother and I managed to stay at the Willard Inter-Continental for just under $110 a night through some internet booking service. It was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at.

Thank you for the information! The Harrington had good reviews so she made a reservation for the dates she will be in DC. When she called the Harrington she was told that they have been refurbishing the rooms. She canceled the place on New York Ave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back