Washington Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
FYI:

" A report was received this morning of suspicious activity around a parked vehicle in the vicinity of Washington Union Station, between the station and Thurgood Marshall building, caused an Amtrak Police Department bomb detection canine to be deployed to the scene. The canine alerted on the vehicle.

A determination was made by law enforcement to evacuate the East Tower of Washington Union Station. Train service was halted on the lower levels of Washington Union Station.

Investigation into the registration of the vehicle led to identification and interview of the owner of the vehicle. The vehicle owner revealed that he had cleaning products in his car and agreed to a voluntary search.

The search of the vehicle confirmed the owner’s information and the vehicle and the surrounding area were determined to be safe.

The scene was cleared by the Capitol Police Department at 9:25am. Train service resumed and Amtrak employees were notified to return to their office areas.

"

Damn! I was in the station about at that time that day. I was getting ready to rid the Acela to New York City. I never knew there was a problem. See trip report page for my trip report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back