Ways to accumulate AGR points?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhussain44

Train Attendant
With the Bank of America card dead, are there other ways to get free points ( via bonuses only )? Which airlines allow transfer of miles -> AGR points? I can research them to see if any have credit cards. Back in the day one could open a Chase banking account and transfer points 1:1. Guessing that's long dead. Or any other clever ways?

There's no other real way to get AGR points via credit card spend other than the BoA card currently. As far as I'm aware there's no program that transfers into AGR; certainly no credit cards or airlines. You could hop through the Choice Hotels program if you can get points into there, but the conversion rate is terrible (32,000 Choice points becomes 5,000 AGR points - quite the drop!) The points.com loyalty wallet also shows four programs, the most notable being IHG, but even there the conversion rate is terrible (75,000 IHG points becomes 10,000 AGR points.) None of these are what I'd consider to be even remotely useful transfer partners, unless you have a bunch of points stuck there that you will absolutely never use.

You can earn points through surveys and through the AGR shopping portal. It's also likely that a new card will be announced "soon," though when is anyone's guess. If you have one of the BoA cards already you can still earn points via spend, and there's been no official end date announced for that yet, just rumors and speculation.

You can earn points through surveys and through the AGR shopping portal. It's also likely that a new card will be announced "soon," though when is anyone's guess. If you have one of the BoA cards already you can still earn points via spend, and there's been no official end date announced for that yet, just rumors and speculation.
I've tried the surveys. IMO, the points awarded (typically between 20 & 40) aren't worth the 15-30 minutes I spent on a survey. I mean, 40 points is worth about a buck.:(

Hilton Honors: 10,0000 points = 1500 AGR points.
I haven't done the math but, the transfer typically happens very quickly.
Hilton points can transfer to AGR? If that is in the case, I have like over 400k points there sitting, I might just transfer the whole thing.

Hilton points can transfer to AGR? If that is in the case, I have like over 400k points there sitting, I might just transfer the whole thing.
Hmmm, now I can't find that on the HH website...did it go away? Its been a couple of years since I did a transfer.
BTW, You can link Lyft with HH to earn Hilton points from your Lyft rides.

After a several months' silence after I signed up for the Survey Points Club (another way to earn AGR points), I started getting email survey invitations again last month. Still a little bummed about the survey I tried yesterday, though. It was a rather long one about stuff one purchases for one's pet dog. I was able to give some pretty detailed answers (because I've had a little Jack Russell Terrier in the house for several years now), and got to the end of the survey, but then an apparent technical glitch caused a "we weren't able to record your responses to the survey" message. Not even the typical "looks like this survey isn't right for you; here's 5 AGR points for participating" message! :(

After a several months' silence after I signed up for the Survey Points Club (another way to earn AGR points), I started getting email survey invitations again last month. Still a little bummed about the survey I tried yesterday, though. It was a rather long one about stuff one purchases for one's pet dog. I was able to give some pretty detailed answers (because I've had a little Jack Russell Terrier in the house for several years now), and got to the end of the survey, but then an apparent technical glitch caused a "we weren't able to record your responses to the survey" message. Not even the typical "looks like this survey isn't right for you; here's 5 AGR points for participating" message! :(
It can require patience. I did this a couple of years ago and ended up accumulating a fair number of points, then was unceremoniously dumped for reasons unknown. I think it was because I got too many points. However, I know I took care to respond in an honest manner and could have played the game and lied my way through more points had I chosen to.

That happened to me, also on a long and too detailed survey. I emailed the points people's support, and they gave me the missing points. They asked for a screen shot and the "survey number", which I didn't have, but I just gave them the time I started it and the subject as best I could remember.

One that took forever and I hated (I think it was for Old Spice) showed CGI pictures of theoretical store shelves and asked me to find products, which I could barely see because it was too small and low res. Then it showed differently arranged shelves and asked questions like "Is this a better place?", "Would you buy it now?", ad infinitum. It was like being locked in a room with that annoying cell phone ad: "Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now?" o_O

My high school friend and I will go to Atlanta train station to discuss for our plans trip to San Antonio, Texas for one week to meet my former neighbor friend and San Diego, California for one week to meet my college friends. That will be our first time. Hopefully we will have good deal plus, I have only 12+ points, not enough for those trips but better than none. We will need your experience feedbacks on how to save money plus, we are senior citizens trying to get more discounts. Plan to use private bedrooms for longer trips and coach for short trips.

Back