WDW 50th Anniversary Trip!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
I just scarfed the last Bedroom on the Meteor for 9/28/21 from PHL-KIS. I’m going to be at WDW on 10/1/21 for it’s 50th Anniversary. On this trip, as well as the one coming up in February, I’m in Car 97xx, Room x. I’m going Business Class on the Pennsylvanian from E-Town to PHL. What is Business like on #42? I’ve never traveled business class. I also bought the insurance for the September trip. Was it a good idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure to use the first class lounge in Philadelphia. It’s my favorite with a great selection of snacks, comfortable seating, and elevators from the lounge to the platform. It’s the gold standard of Amtrak lounges although sadly they no longer offer luggage storage :(

In case you’re not aware, Orlando is a service stop. My Uber from Orlando to Disney World is the same price as Kissimmee to Disney World so if you want to get to Disney sooner, consider hopping off at Orlando.

Kissimmee is a smaller station though, more quiet and relaxing and of course it’s extra time on the train if you enjoy that.

I just scarfed the last Bedroom on the Meteor for 9/28/21 from PHL-KIS. I’m going to be at WDW on 10/1/21 for it’s 50th Anniversary. On this trip, as well as the one coming up in February, I’m in Car 97xx, Room x. I’m going Business Class on the Pennsylvanian from E-Town to PHL. What is Business like on #42? I’ve never traveled business class. I also bought the insurance for the September trip. Was it a good idea?
Do you have your "park pass" reservation? I heard that all reservations for all parks are taken for 10/1/21. (Currently, due to capacity limits, a reservation must be made for a specific WDW park for each day.)

Does booking a hotel get around the three ride Fast Pass limit? The original ticket version was great but if they never bring that back I'd rather they adopt something like Universal's Express Unlimited.

The one and only time I have ever been to WDW was in 1975 - we rode Space Mountain and I did not like it!

Have never been back.

I hope you have a good time

Does booking a hotel get around the three ride Fast Pass limit? The original ticket version was great but if they never bring that back I'd rather they adopt something like Universal's Express Unlimited.
Fast Pass is gone for the duration. Everyone waits in line. No one knows whether it will come back after the pandemic, or in what form if it does come back.

I think before the shutdown, concierge & club-level guests only were able to purchase a few additional FP's at a steep cost.

Most of us who have been on this Route agree with this!
I have only been on the Pennsylvanian route once, and traveled in Business Class with no complaints. If and when I travel the route again, I will go in Business Class.
It is hard to believe that WDW is celebrating its 50th anniversary. I was in college in Gainesville, FL when it opened and I first visited. I remember the E tickets.

What are the perks for BC? I think it’s a dedicated car and not a split cafe/coach. I used AGR points for the Meteor, but paid cash to get the extra point bonus.

Here’s my thought. Since I’m going a shorter distance—ELT-PHL, I was thinking they would assign me to the lone Amfleet 1 on the train as opposed to the roomier Amfleet 2. I figured Business Class would be roomier.

Every time I see this thread title I keep thinking it is spelled wrong (not sure if "spelling" is the right word) because I keep thinking WD 40 ... not Disney

Sorry to get
1611356494069.png

Every time I see this thread title I keep thinking it is spelled wrong (not sure if "spelling" is the right word) because I keep thinking WD 40 ... not Disney

Sorry to get
View attachment 20388

...and I thought WDW was the code for Wilmington, Delaware, and this thread had something to do with going there to celebrate Amtrak's 50th birthday! Aren't the Bear Shops near Wilmington?

Back