We will see how this goes,,, paper ticket refund

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andersone

Conductor
Haven't been around much as I spent last week in the hospital with pneumonia, blood clots and heart issues. Short of it I have to cancel my trip ticked for the end of this month GBB to Flagstaff, Flagstaff to LA, LA to Sacramento, Sacramento back to GBB.

My travel agent contacted Amtrak and if I send the paper tickets back with a $100 processing charge. The agent she talked to said that if I presented documentation the would waive the fee. Sent them back today with a cover letter and my discharge papers,, will be interested to see how this goes..

Let us know what happens, but meanwhile rest up and get stronger and completely well--that's more important than any trip! :)

Haven't been around much as I spent last week in the hospital with pneumonia, blood clots and heart issues. Short of it I have to cancel my trip ticked for the end of this month GBB to Flagstaff, Flagstaff to LA, LA to Sacramento, Sacramento back to GBB.

My travel agent contacted Amtrak and if I send the paper tickets back with a $100 processing charge. The agent she talked to said that if I presented documentation the would waive the fee. Sent them back today with a cover letter and my discharge papers,, will be interested to see how this goes..
:( about your hospitalization. Hopefully your refund will be processed quickly w/o the processing charge. Hope you can rebook another trip in the near future.

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I don't think the Grand Canyon or Yosemite are going anywhere.Actually it works out because Mariposa should be back open. We actually tried to exchange the tickets for same time next year but because we are outside the window they wouldn't do it. I will be interested to see how much the price changes.

Thanks for your concern and support - it's always good to know you have friends ,,,,

Just checked the credit card. They gave me a full refund. I would have preferred taking the trip but at least got reimbursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back