Website Glitch?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am researching trips from PGH-MSP for the fall. I want to be in a roomette to CHI and, of course, coach, to MSP. For whatever reason I am only able to get either coach or roomette fares through; it will not allow me to choose rooomette to CHI and coach from there to MSP. Not only that, but it gives me two fares for the same date of travel. I called Amtrak and the agent tried it herself and found the same thing but, of course, could not explain it though she could make the proper reservation through her system. Thought perhaps the braintrust here might have thoughts on this, or have experienced it.PGH MSP.PNG

I ran into something similar recently. I was considering a Boston-Denver run, and the computer gave me several route options. But when I chose one, it wouldn't show me rooms on the last leg from Chicago-Denver, even though they showed available if I just pulled up Chicago-Denver separately. I am considering booking each leg independently so the reservation system doesn't mess up my whole itinerary if I have to change something.

The double listing would be because of trains 7 and 27 having separate inventory on the Empire Builder.

That said, I just did a test booking and was able to split the accommodations just fine. Select the train option you want, and it brings up a sub-window where you choose your options for each segment of the trip. Not immediately obvious on the screenshot you posted, but seems fairly intuitive on the very next window.

The double listing would be because of trains 7 and 27 having separate inventory on the Empire Builder.

That said, I just did a test booking and was able to split the accommodations just fine. Select the train option you want, and it brings up a sub-window where you choose your options for each segment of the trip. Not immediately obvious on the screenshot you posted, but seems fairly intuitive on the very next window.
True this!

Same for me. 1624923198953.png

Back