Weird Booking Issue - TE to LSL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

printman2000

Engineer
So if I do a booking from Fort Worth to New York Penn for 4 people, the Texas Eagle/Lakeshore Limited option shows two roomettes on the TE, but shows 4 roomettes on the LSL and will not let me change it to only two. Looks like issue starts happening in November 2019 onward.

Going from Lamy to New York (SWC & LSL) it works fine and only shows two roomettes on the LSL.

Anyone else seeing this?

upload_2019-8-6_12-22-26.png

I think the reason you're seeing four rooms offered is that it is showing how many rooms are availa le at that price. If you can't change it, I suggest you logoff and log back on.

You should be able to easily change the number of roomettes you want by using the + and - buttons alongside the 4. Must be sure that you only choose 2 when it gives final chance before you pay.

I think the reason you're seeing four rooms offered is that it is showing how many rooms are availa le at that price.

You can easily change the number of roomettes you want by using the + and - buttons alongside the 4. Must be sure that you only choose 2 when it gives final chance before you pay.

I replicated the issue. The web page comes up with four rooms and the number of rooms cannot be changed with the +/- buttons. Definitely a bug.

I'm not sure why it shows 4 rooms instead of 2 rooms at that point. I tried adding it to the cart and got this in the details - since I do not have the required points, I had to leave it set for "dollars"

upload_2019-8-6_13-45-52.png

As you see, it only wants to book 2 roomettes on both trains

I'm not sure why it shows 4 rooms instead of 2 rooms at that point. I tried adding it to the cart and got this in the details - since I do not have the required points, I had to leave it set for "dollars"

As you see, it only wants to book 2 roomettes on both trains

I had wondered if it would do that. I did not want to go through the whole process of adding passengers. So I assume the price/points it is showing on the selection screen actually is the correct price for only two rooms, right?

I think the reason you're seeing four rooms offered is that it is showing how many rooms are availa le at that price. If you can't change it, I suggest you logoff and log back on.

You should be able to easily change the number of roomettes you want by using the + and - buttons alongside the 4. Must be sure that you only choose 2 when it gives final chance before you pay.
Nope. That is the problem. Will not allow it to change. Though, based on someone else's research, it does only choose two roomettes.

I’ve had the same issue when booking Empire Builder to Lake Shore Limited. 2 people showing 2 roomettes and wouldn’t let me change it to 1. I didn’t even notice it at first, and accidentally only booked 1 room when I wanted 2 (explained why the price was so low).

Back