Were any Amtrak trains delayed because of accidents on 8/1 or 8/2

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniCounter

Service Attendant
Were any Amtrak trains delayed because of accidents on on 8/1 or 8/2

between Colorado and Michigan(i.e. due to train collision with car/SUV/truck)

Have been trying to find it in the news, but came up with nothing.

Thanks in advance for any info!

#6, California Zephyr, was delayed. In fact, they eventually had to remove the engine that was hit. I believe there's info about this in one of the threads.

#6, California Zephyr, was delayed. In fact, they eventually had to remove the engine that was hit. I believe there's info about this in one of the threads.
Thanks! I'm a newbie here... after searching, I couldn't find any thread about this accident/delay.... Would you mind helping me find it? Thanks again!

Thanks Agent. I'm usually using the AU app on my phone and can't easily look for the threads to share. Otherwise I would have looked for it yesterday (never did get on my computer last night).

Grade crossing collisions are unfortunately common enough, that they often don't get mentioned here unless it was a serious one. It was not a grade crossing collision, but the eastern Keystone corridor was blocked on Sunday night, by an unoccupied car that rolled down an embankment and ended upside down on the tracks because the driver of the car failed to set the parking brake. The eastern Keystone is now a sealed corridor with no public grade crossings, but despite that, a car still ended up blocking the tracks!

I thought about posting the link to the news report, but didn't because it is a routine delay caused by a yet another car on the tracks. Albeit upside down as shown in the photo on the news report. Lancaster On-line: UPDATE: Amtrak trains resume service after runaway car lands on roof on tracks near Rheems.

There were some trains delayed this morning out of BOS because of trees across the tracks and power outages due to a big storm that rolled through around 6 am.

There were some trains delayed this morning out of BOS because of trees across the tracks and power outages due to a big storm that rolled through around 6 am.
Was there any snow involved with the storm? :p
Amtrak can plow through the snow. Not so much through downed trees, especially if they have no power source. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back