West coast route not available after booking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth

Service Attendant
I booked a trip on points from PDX to KCY. I am scheduled to leave PDX on CS to LAX. Spend the night at my expense then leave the next day on the SWC to KCY. I tried that routing today to see if the price may have changed and it only shows one option. A transfer at SAC to a bus, then a segment on the San Joaquins, then another bus segment. And finally out of LAX on the SWC. Anyone have a thought about this. This is part of a 6,000+ train trip vacation and I would prefer not to have the bus sections. I not got any contact from Amtrak that my reservations have been changed.

Download and read or print your pdf ticket attached to your receipt. It probably says "Multi City" at the top. To get this to come up on Amtrak.com you would have to initially enter your trip as multi city PDF to LAX and then LAX to KCY. if you simply enter LAX to KCS you will not get that routing to come up since it is not a "same day" connection.

Thanks for the replies. I checked my ticket. It does not say muti city. In the upper left it has PDX > KCY. I thought I found it on Amtrak.com first to see if it was a valid booking. I did call to book since it is a sleeper on points. Leaving PDX on Oct 27th. . Just planning ahead in case I may want to change anything. I have a roomette for both trains for 29,222 points. While checking prices about a month ago for my trip west bound on the EB I caught a price drop and upgraded to a bedroom for just a few thousand points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back