Westbound CL among other things

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lrdc9_metroplitan_sub

Train Attendant
Bethesda, MD (Washington, DC)/ Frederick, MD
Todays westbound CL I heard had problems today. On the 4:25 MARC from Union Station we passed it moving at a crawl on the No. 1 track around Gaithersburg. What up with that, yo ;) .

On other things: about a month ago I saw a strange lash up in the Union Station yard a MARC GP40 and Amtrak road power P42 together. Both cabs were facing out, the MARC loco was on the north bound side the amtrak the southbound. The lashup was moving south towards the station. Any ideas on this one??

On other things: about a month ago I saw a strange lash up in the Union Station yard a MARC GP40 and Amtrak road power P42 together. Both cabs were facing out, the MARC loco was on the north bound side the amtrak the southbound. The lashup was moving south towards the station. Any ideas on this one??
I had a summer job in the old Railway Express Agency building adjacent to Union Station this past year. I saw these power moves several times a day. Once locomotives have been serviced at Ivy City they often couple several engines together and run them all into the station at once. The engine on the north end of the lash up is used to sort the other engines out onto the various tracks, before coupling onto its own train. I've seen them do this with up to 5 engines. So the GP40 was probably going to leave the P42 on track 22 or 23 (I forget which one they park the waiting engines on) to wait for a southbound train, and then couple onto a MARC train waiting in the station.

Todays westbound CL I heard had problems today. On the 4:25 MARC from Union Station we passed it moving at a crawl on the No. 1 track around Gaithersburg. What up with that, yo .
Unless I misread you-- I see no problem with 29:

Departing: Washington - Union Station, DC (WAS) and Arriving: Chicago - Union Station, IL (CHI)

Service City Scheduled Actual/

Estimate Status

29 Capitol Limited Departs

Washington, DC

- Union Station (WAS)

4:05 pm

30-DEC-08 4:08 pm

30-DEC-08 Departed: 3 minutes late.

Arrives

Chicago, IL

- Union Station (CHI)

8:40 am

31-DEC-08 (8:18 am)

31-DEC-08

estimated Estimated Arrival Time: 22 minutes early.

That's why I heard it . . . it was second hand info off of a conductor that said, to my question if we were late because we got stuck behing 29 he said the Amtrak had some issues today. So I thought I'd come to the reliable source for some info.

Amtrak839, thanks alot for the great info.

That's why I heard it . . . it was second hand info off of a conductor that said, to my question if we were late because we got stuck behing 29 he said the Amtrak had some issues today. So I thought I'd come to the reliable source for some info.
Amtrak839, thanks alot for the great info.

Tree down across #1 track at Gaithersburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back