What are the first class on-board amenities?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

John Bobinyec

Conductor
If you're booked on a sleeper on the Silver Star, do they still provide bottled water? Orange juice? Coffee? Soda?

I know the contemporary meals are provided.

Thanks,
jb

crescent-zephyr

Engineer
If you're booked on a sleeper on the Silver Star, do they still provide bottled water? Orange juice? Coffee? Soda?

I know the contemporary meals are provided.

Thanks,
jb
Yes. Bottled Water, Coffee, Tea, Juice, Soft Drinks available throughout your trip. Depending on crew you can ask your sleeping car attendant or you can order from the attendant in the dining car.

You also get 1 complimentary alcoholic beverage.

zephyr17

Engineer
Yes. Bottled Water, Coffee, Tea, Juice, Soft Drinks available throughout your trip. Depending on crew you can ask your sleeping car attendant or you can order from the attendant in the dining car.

You also get 1 complimentary alcoholic beverage.
They cut out soft drinks some years ago, unless they brought them back under flex. They were supposed to start rationing the bottled water, 2 per room per day, some attendants enforced it, some didn't. Juice is often just out and available in the mornings.

crescent-zephyr

Engineer
They cut out soft drinks some years ago, unless they brought them back under flex. They were supposed to start rationing the bottled water, 2 per room per day, some attendants enforced it, some didn't. Juice is often just out and available in the mornings.
Yes my post was specific to Flex dining on the eastern trains. It’s unlimited non-alcoholic drinks for sleeping car passengers.

me_little_me

Engineer
AU Lifetime Supporter
There are no first class amenities on board Amtrak. That's why they call it sleeper class so your expectations are that you get a place to sleep only.

Tlcooper93

OBS Chief
AU Supporter
Glad to hear coffee was restored in sleepers cars in the morning.
I'll be sure to check/report regarding the Silver Meteor on my northbound trip on the 28th.