What defines a "segment"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KauaiJohn

Service Attendant
I'm looking at the various rail passes. They each come with a specified number of "segments" I'm not sure what defines a segment. Do you have to get off the train?

On an Empire Builder run from Portland to Chicago, is that one segment? Or does the run from Portland to Spokane constitute a segment even if you remain on the train to Chicago?

I'm looking at the various rail passes. They each come with a specified number of "segments" I'm not sure what defines a segment. Do you have to get off the train?

On an Empire Builder run from Portland to Chicago, is that one segment? Or does the run from Portland to Spokane constitute a segment even if you remain on the train to Chicago?
Any transfer requires an additional segment. This includes Thruway Buses. So if you do PHL-WAS-CHI it counts as 2 segments. I believe in the case of through trains that join/split like the EB you still count as one segment although I am not sure. I believe they counted my NYP-CHI LSL as one segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back