What does your Forum User Name mean?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My very first train ride was a 2nd grade field trip on the New York Central between Schenectady and Albany. It was thrilling… like riding on a cloud! When growing up the family would take Central trains between Schenectady and NYC to visit relatives. I had always longed to ride the flagship 20th Century Limited when we moved to the midwest; but time passes by and one can only reminisce. Forever trying to catch up… I’ve been on every Amtrak LD train except City of New Orleans and the Crescent.

When you can....complete those two train trips. ..You will enjoy them.....Theyxhave something good to bring to the LD table.

I mentioned in another thread we should have a thread with this title. I have already been PM'd asking me to start it. So, I'll go first.

MrFSS is short for Mr Financial Settlement Services. That is a subsidiary company of the big company I retired from a few years ago. We only had a few employees in our little group, and to many of my customers I was know as = MrFSS. It stuck and I keep using it today. Haven't worked there in a few years, but I still hear from folks now and then.

So, if you have a story as to why you have the user name you use and want to share it, this is the place!

Tom
My choice of screen name is based on DonQuixote ,my favorite character from my favorite novel.The 66 is just a number.

WWW - www - nothing to do with the internet
-W- wings (retired airline worker - 29 years with a major airline)
-W- waves (Cruise travels - Platinum Plus with NCL)
-W- wheels (what a train rides on)
Avatar is Anderson tartan - I wear kilts quite often when traveling the many modes of travel air ship rail

RovinMoses -- a CB "handle" given to me by my brother several decades ago because I was a Methodist pastor who moved around! "Back in the day" I used it quite a bit on frequent trips from Pendleton to PDX. Remembering Pendleton, we took our grade-school-age kids on The Pioneer to Denver, then on the Desert Wind to SLC, LAX, CS to PDX, and back to Pendleton. A great trip!

Last edited:
Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited from Washington State!

Still reading those old posts on CC? ;)
Greetings from another passenger rail fan to the south on the Oregon Coast!

When I was young I would love to walk along the rails with fascination... imagining where they all led and where they all connected to. And what a thrill to hear the vibrations on the tracks... then a rumble... then a big freight train approaching and passing by! :D

beautiful-rail-tracks.jpg

It is my old CB (Citizen Band radio) handle from 1970. I was a wild and crazy driver in my youth and someone said I should be in a home weaving baskets. And and later in the 70's chat rooms (like GE's GEnie) came about and they asked for a "handle" that ultimately changed to screen name. I started playing with computers in '79 with the 1st Apple II sold in Nashville. So I just used my old CB handle. Been using it ever since.

Howdy. I live in the middle of apple country in Washington, and I ride Amtrak in Washington (and points beyond).
You likely know the Empire Builder heritage of the apple industry but others may not.

One of the reasons that James Hill was called the "Empire Builder" was his investment in building up the GN's territory -- including the apple orchards.

You likely know the Empire Builder heritage of the apple industry but others may not.

One of the reasons that James Hill was called the "Empire Builder" was his investment in building up the GN's territory -- including the apple orchards.
Knew about his involvement with Glacier National Park, but not the apple thing - we're talking about the area around Yakima and Wenatchee, right?

Back