What does your Forum User Name mean?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just joined this afternoon. My handle is from first Amtrak ride to the west coast in 1978, on an Amfleeted Pioneer, headed to the NRHS convention. Quaint little train with china and silverware with meal served by LSA in the dinette and I miss it.
Welcome.

I just joined this afternoon. My handle is from first Amtrak ride to the west coast in 1978, on an Amfleeted Pioneer, headed to the NRHS convention. Quaint little train with china and silverware with meal served by LSA in the dinette and I miss it.
Welcome aboard!

Hi Guys.
My user name is the (shortened) name of one of my model railway layouts. I built it in 1992 and exhibited across the UK until 2019. My primary interest is the UK scene, both full-size and model, but after a couple of vacations to the US in 2017/2018, I now have a side interest in US east coast rail operations - Virginia down to Florida. I should have been in Virginia on vacation in 2020, but the covid pandemic put paid to that, but will be returning soon with a trip on the Southwest Chief(hence my questions there!) and hopefully a look at Caltrain in SF/San Jose.

Hi Guys.
My user name is the (shortened) name of one of my model railway layouts. I built it in 1992 and exhibited across the UK until 2019. My primary interest is the UK scene, both full-size and model, but after a couple of vacations to the US in 2017/2018, I now have a side interest in US east coast rail operations - Virginia down to Florida. I should have been in Virginia on vacation in 2020, but the covid pandemic put paid to that, but will be returning soon with a trip on the Southwest Chief(hence my questions there!) and hopefully a look at Caltrain in SF/San Jose.
Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited

I was tutoring my kids after school when I started selling on eBay, so my eBay user name was an abbreviated version of "(surname)+family+school". I've since reused that user name for other websites, in some cases (such as this forum) making it an abbreviated version of "(surname)+family+school+Mom", since I had been the Mom of our "mommy school".

I used to write graffiti and Arson451 was my handle. Arson because a huge wall piece is known as a burner. 451 because that’s the temperature in Fahrenheit that paper burns.
Sounds like "Fahrenheit 451," the Ray Bradbury SF novel where dystopian-future "firemen" like the protagonist are actually government-sponsored arsonists.

I used to be in the linen/towel/aprin rental business. When I walked into a restaurant/bar to make a delivery, I would announce "Ragman!" as an indicator to collect all soiled items for my pickup.
Welcome, Ragman!

When I was a kid living in Boston we had an actual ragman who would come through the neighborhood collecting old rags. He still used a horse and cart, this was in the 1960s. I remember hearing his call "anyoldRAGS?" echoing through the street. Recycling is not as new a concept as people think.

I was tutoring my kids after school when I started selling on eBay, so my eBay user name was an abbreviated version of "(surname)+family+school". I've since reused that user name for other websites, in some cases (such as this forum) making it an abbreviated version of "(surname)+family+school+Mom", since I had been the Mom of our "mommy school".
Explains the name, not the photo.😀

Explains the name, not the photo.😀
The gravatar is a photo of Union general Rosecrans from the US Civil War. My husband adopted that image long ago as his gravatar on his blog, and it often ends up as my gravatar on social media accounts (since we share an email address). On other social media accounts, however, my gravatar is an image of one of our rescue dogs.

I'd had "Parlor Dome" as my forum name but at some point that went away. I wish it had not. I love "Dakota 400" and speaking of "The Hawkeye" (Illinois Central westward train to Sioux City and previously also segments to Sioux Falls and Omaha) today I saw it featured (at Barne & Noble magazine section) as the cover article of Passenger Train Journal as I distinctly recall (but just now their website still has the previous issue as the current one).

I wonder if I ever posted here before. It means somebody drew me an avatar making me a lion with electric brown fur (same color as a 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300SD I had at the time) and a green mane. It was an unrequested gift, but I’ve used the appellation all over the place. The artist who created it isn’t the one who drew my avatar for this site, or my old signature pic- those were done by my wife.

Welcome, Ragman!

When I was a kid living in Boston we had an actual ragman who would come through the neighborhood collecting old rags. He still used a horse and cart, this was in the 1960s. I remember hearing his call "anyoldRAGS?" echoing through the street. Recycling is not as new a concept as people think.
Entrepreneurship at it's finest.

Back in the late 60's/early 70's when I was into CB radio all my buddies said I drove like a lunatic (yeah I did) and I should be in an institution making baskets. I adopted it as my CB "handle" and when I logged into GEnie Chatroom in '78 on my Apple II it asked for a "handle" and been using it ever since.

Back