What happened to 98 yesterday (8/15)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julie said "Service disruption," but I can't find anything on the Amtrak website about it. (And I never ask to be transferred to an agent when I am just curious, figuring that is not fair to people waiting to take care of real train business.) Thanks....

It looks like it lost over 5 hours between Fayettville and Rocky Mount. I could not find anything specific as to what happened.

ok--thanks, Penny. It just seemed odd because I asked for when it got to WPK, and it said "service disruption" for that stop (8/15), which is very unusual. From my informal observations (and you will know much better, of course, being near there), it seems like 98 usually does just fine til it gets further north.

Picture shows double decker

That is a Viewliner sleeper. It is a single level car, but has upper windows in the upper berths.
Unfortunately the picture in the article pointed to, does show a Superliner car, which of course is not the equipment used on 98. The press typically is neither aware of these details, nor cares to train anyone about such. They just pick the first sexy looking picture that they can find in their collection to which they hold adequate copyright to print it/publish it and just use it with wild abandon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture shows double decker

That is a Viewliner sleeper. It is a single level car, but has upper windows in the upper berths.
Unfortunately the picture in the article pointed to, does show a Superliner car, which of course is not the equipment used on 98. The press typically is neither aware of these details, nor cares to train anyone about such. They just pick the first sexy looking picture that they can find in their collection to which they hold adequate copyright to print it/publish it and just use it with wild abandon.

If superliner probably being an Auto Train car being dead headed to Beech Grove for major work..
The Auto Train (52) closed in on 98 to assist so that is likely the picture you're seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back