What happened to the Canadian today (9/20/22)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on the Canadian (from Toronto to Vancouver) in December 2011 and we were stopped for 10 hours because of a freight derailment. We ended making up a couple of hours before Vancouver and I did not miss my train to Seattle. (My fare back in using an "express deal" was $865 in a room for 2. It certainly was a deal.

i'm planning on doing a canadian trip but it is going to be almost 10k with 5 days say in Vancover and 8 days on train and 2 flys back to Chicago. That is a lot of $ for a train trip but i figure it was once in a life time.. maybe they get freight madness worse then us.
The Canadian is Infamous for having Delays due to Freight Trains, but with all the padding in the Schedule on the Westbound,#1, usually arrives at a reasonable time into Vancouver.

This is not as common on the Eastbound #2 with arrival into Toronto usually Late to Very Late!( even after adding an additional Night to the Schedule)

Back