When do they start serving dinner on the "Silver Meteor" ?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaspeamtrak

Lead Service Attendant
My friend and I will traveling on the "Silver Meteor" On Friday May 1 and are going only as far as Richmond, VA. Part of the reason is to eat in one of the "Heritage" diners before they are gone! What time do they start serving dinner and do we any chance to do this before Richmond, VA?

Thanks... :)

Where are you boarding? Northbound or Southbound?

If you are southbound you should have plenty of time for Supper depending on where you board; service should pretty well be wrapped up by the time you get to Richmond.

Most NYP passengers will be finished with dinner before WAS.

I'll be entraining at WAS, headed south on 97 - we're supposed to depart at 7:30 pm, will we still get dinner?
Yes. Unless the train is REALLY late. If the train is really late, make sure you are in the Acela lounge.

If the train is more or less on time, USUALLY, your SCA will make a dinner reservation for you - around 8pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be entraining at WAS, headed south on 97 - we're supposed to depart at 7:30 pm, will we still get dinner?
Yes. Unless the train is REALLY late. If the train is really late, make sure you are in the Acela lounge.

If the train is more or less on time, USUALLY, your SCA will make a dinner reservation for you - around 8pm.
If the 97 is running very late, for certain be in the Acela Lounge as you will likely be handed Cash Meal Money-in my case last Summer it was $25. And with an amazing Food Court right out the door, that will more than fill you up with hopefully a few dollars left over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Unless the train is REALLY late. If the train is really late, make sure you are in the Acela lounge. If the train is more or less on time, USUALLY, your SCA will make a dinner reservation for you - around 8pm.
If the 97 is running very late, for certain be in the Acela Lounge as you will likely be handed Cash Meal Money-in my case last Summer it was $25. And with an amazing Food Court right out the door, that will more than fill you up with hopefully a few dollars left over.
Thanks to both of you - we're connecting from the eastbound Capitol Limited, so I assumed that we were on our own for dinner. Glad to know that we'll be covered one way or the other. We'll be sure to get to the lounge early!

Yes. Unless the train is REALLY late. If the train is really late, make sure you are in the Acela lounge. If the train is more or less on time, USUALLY, your SCA will make a dinner reservation for you - around 8pm.
Thanks to both of you - we're connecting from the eastbound Capitol Limited, so I assumed that we were on our own for dinner. Glad to know that we'll be covered one way or the other. We'll be sure to get to the lounge early!
That is the same connection I made. Even with the Cap running a couple hours late, it gave me plenty of time to wander over to the Capitol (being Sunday the Visitors Center was closed) and around the Station area as well as climb up to the top deck of the Union Station Car Park and get some GREAT pics of the Electrified approach from the north, as well as being able to look right down on the Platform area. And no one bothered me.

For someone from the Midwest, I find the Northeast Corridor to be a fascinating stretch of railroad, at least the WAS-NYP section; I have yet to travel north of NYP on it.

I just got a roomette on # 97 for our trip, for a great deal! :) Just was wondering the location of car "9711" on "The Silver Meteor" from the head end?

Thanks...

As the consist currently exists, 9711 is towards the rear. 9710 is the car behind the diner, 9711 is behind that and 9712 is after that. Generally a baggage will be the last car after 9712.

Enjoy your trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back