When Your AGR account gets canceled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if you don't have any paid travel in a 3 year period they cancel your AGR account. Correct? Does AGR send out a notification your points are about to expire, or do they just disappear? I know this is probably the wrong forum to ask this, because for most of us it's been less than 3 weeks or months since we've been on a train. :lol: I want to buy points for my youngest daughter while the 30% promotion is going on, but neither of us can remember the last time she rode the train, and she lives with her mom 150 miles from the nearest train station, making a quick points run difficult.

I don't believe they actually cancel the account, just remove the points.

No, they don't send a notification.

Assuming you have your daughter's AGR number, password, etc., you should be able to get the account activity details by using amtrakguestrewards.com or by calling an AGR rep.

You do lose the points; we've lost some over the years.

It's my understanding that the points do not expire if you have one of the Amtrak credit cards. Please correct me, someone, if this is incorrect.

If you aren't going to buy your points, you could buy them into your account and share them later. AGR allows you to transfer points, I believe. I know my husband's transferred to my account, but I think you can share them with anyone.

Edit: Per another thread, you can share the points, but there is a fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back