Where can I charge devices on trains 421?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iliketrains

Lead Service Attendant
One more question before my trip starts. In coach on train 421 where can I charge my devices? I understand that these cars were built before the era of smart devices; therefore, each seat does not have an outlet. Exactly where are the outlets? Sightseer car? Dining car? At certain seats in the coach cars? Thanks and hopefully this is my last question.

I understand that these cars were built before the era of smart devices; therefore, each seat does not have an outlet.

Coaches have been retrofitted over the years. Each pair of seats should have 2 outlets below the window. You may want to bring a relatively short extension cord (6 feet or so), just in case you wind up in the aisle seat, so you can run your charging cable under your seatmate's feet instead of across their lap. (I usually travel with one of these.)

Coaches have been retrofitted over the years. Each pair of seats should have 2 outlets below the window. You may want to bring a relatively short extension cord (6 feet or so), just in case you wind up in the aisle seat, so you can run your charging cable under your seatmate's feet instead of across their lap. (I usually travel with one of these.)

Oh that sounds great!! I'll make sure I have my extension cord.

Back