Where do I put my luggage?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_Joe_*

I've never been on a train before and don't know what to expect with my carry on luggage. Where do I put it? Is there a spot under my seat? An overhead compartment?

Joe,

There are overhead luggage racks in all Amtrak cars, as well as a big luggage rack either at one end of the car on single level cars or downstairs by the entry doors on the bi-level cars.

The overhead racks will take a pretty big suitcase, larger in fact that what you're officially allowed to carry onto the train.

The overhead luggage rack is open and NOTHING like you would see in a plane! ;) And as Alan said, there is also room at the end of the Amfleet or Horizin (single level) cars or on the lower level of Superliner (bi-level) cars. ;)

Here is a shot that shows how much overhead luggage room there is in the coach car.

Coach.jpg

Also most long distance trains (over night) have checked baggage ability (also depends on the station). Last time I traveled on a train with checked baggage there wasn't a fee.

peter

I've never been on a train before and don't know what to expect with my carry on luggage. Where do I put it? Is there a spot under my seat? An overhead compartment?
I have never had a problem with storing luggage. Last summer my wife and I traveled with several big bags on an extented vacation and there was plenty of room. Just curious...where will you be traveling? Have a great time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back