Where does westbound EB meet eastbound EB?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hankster211

Train Attendant
If both westbound Empire Builder and eastbound Empire Builder are on schedule, where will they meet each other?

I usually don't trust my reasoning on something like this, but I figure the westbound and eastbound meet each other twice...............once between Chicago and Milwaukee, and once around Havre MT.

Am I close?

If both westbound Empire Builder and eastbound Empire Builder are on schedule, where will they meet each other?
I usually don't trust my reasoning on something like this, but I figure the westbound and eastbound meet each other twice...............once between Chicago and Milwaukee, and once around Havre MT.

Am I close?
As I recall it's slightly east of Havre, but you are close. I'm going both ways in a couple of weeks and I'll let you know. Don't know about Chicago-Milwaukee.

I think we passed the EastBound Empire Builder between Chinook and Harlem when I was going west to WGL. We were on schedule (I think) but I am not sure if the other Builder was. Given that they had just left Havre, the chances are good that they were.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF things are running perfectly on time, according to the timetable they would meet up between Glenview, IL and Milwaukee, between Detroit Lakes, MN and Fargo, ND, between Malta and Havre, MT, and between Sandpoint, ID and Spokane.

when I read the title of this thread, I thought it was a 6th grade math question... :D :D :D

Given the EB's good OTP of late and the fact there is ample padding in the WB Empire Builder's schedule between Sandpoint and Spokane, there's a good chance it will arrive at the Spokane station before the eastbound Empire Builder has left Spokane. Thus the meeting will be right at the Spokane station. That assumes one will be awake in Spokane. It's beyond me why anyone would not want to be awake to see Spokane at those hours!!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the EB's good OTP of late and the fact there is ample padding in the WB Empire Builder's schedule between Sandpoint and Spokane, there's a good chance it will arrive at the Spokane station before the eastbound Empire Builder has left Spokane. Thus the meeting will be right at the Spokane station. That assumes one will be awake in Spokane. It's beyond me why anyone would not want to be awake to see Spokane at those hours!!!! :lol:
This happened to me when I took the eastbound Builder in 2010:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back