Where to go with Rewards Points in Central Zone

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickIronton

Train Attendant
I have 30,000 Reward points accumulated and I want to take a one zone trip for two r/t.

St Louis is my home station and the farthest points within one zone would be Wolf Point MT/Denver/Albuquerque/El Paso.

Scratch Wolf Point, ....it's just not an over night attraction, since we will be overnighting at destination with tours of the destination city.

What's the longest, most over nights/meals I can get for my Reward Points and still end up at an interesting destination city/town?

I agree with Dave that STL-CHI-NOL would be a great getaway trip! And if you haven't been on the SWC thru Raton Pass ( catch it while you can) STL-KCY ( River Runner in Bus Class)-ABQ would be a nice trip! Head up into the Mountains to Santa Fe, then ride the Chief back!

The only thing about going to Denver (a nice City andArea!) Is that the CZ route between CHI and Denver is overnight with no real scenery except the Mississippi River Crossing but you could ride to Denver and then ride the Zephyr to/from Glennwood Springs on a Paid ticket for a nice getaway!

My dark horse cantidate is the Texas Eagle#421 from STL-Alpine in West Texas, then #422 back to STL. remember its only runs 3 days a week West of San Antonio! ( and Tony is right, San Antonio is a very nice place to visit except in the Summer!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back