Who am I? Why am I here?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All - I'm a new member of this list and Otis is both my paternal grandfather's name and my middle name.

Recently my only use of trains has been to commute between Albuquerque and Santa Fe on the Rail Runner but I anticipate using the Southwest Chief at some point in the future as I no longer make long trips by car. I'm retired from the concert business and am a freelance writer and a volunteer advocate for people with hearing loss thus my earlier post re hearing loops. Loop technology is the primary assistive listening technology in the UK where trains, their stations, the parking lots at the latter and other transportation services are accessible to the hard of hearing thanks to hearing loops. I've inserted a link below to an article of mine that recently ran in TR News, the transportation magazine of the National Academy of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine re the growing use of hearing loop technology in transportation. There's also a link to my other website that explains the hearing loop technology and how it's used.

I'm curious to learn of communication problems forum members have had when using train transportation and their suggestions for alleviating them.

http://www.sofnabq.com/TRNews_337.pdf

index

Back