Who in the world are you?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

pennyk

51 year Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I live in the Dallas area and found these forums while looking up information on taking train trips. At 45 years old I have only ever taken maybe five REAL vacations that weren't just around town. I plan to do one next year and my head absolutely cannot handle the pressure differences being on an airplane so I figured I would look into trains.

Am considering taking two weeks and going to DC by train. It won't be real cheap considering I want at least a roomette but I figure once or twice a year is something I can absorb on a retail paycheck.
Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited. If you have specific questions please feel free to ask in the Amtrak Rail Discussion forum.

Good Morning! Dennis from Napa Valley. Taking my first ride on the Zephyr 29 June from Davis to Chicago. On to Boston for 4th fireworks and ultimately to Nova Scotia for 1-month visit. I am a singer/songwriter.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
Good Morning! Dennis from Napa Valley. Taking my first ride on the Zephyr 29 June from Davis to Chicago. On to Boston for 4th fireworks and ultimately to Nova Scotia for 1-month visit. I am a singer/songwriter.
Welcome to AU. Nice trip, enjoy the ride, the Journey is the thing, not the destination!

And I wish Amtrak let Artists like you entertain passengers in the Lounge like VIA does in the Great White North!

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I am a 34 yr old living in Kansas City. I've taken the Missouri River Runner several times between KC and St Louis as part of biking/cycling trips on the KATY trail. I've had a long-time interest in taking a train west, or other scenic routes.
Welcome aboard!

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I am a retired LEO/medic/firefighter. I am a singer/songwriter and I am on my way to Nova Scotia via Boston for the Pops/fireworks on the 4th. I am riding CZ6 on the 29th.
Welcome aboard to you too! Hope you have a great trip, and manage to avoid the various typical Amtrak pitfalls.

Hello all, I have been taking the NEC services for travel between NJ and Washington for several years now and it has become a hobby of sorts to track ongoing infrastructure work going on while on my travels and follow the rollout of the new Acela sets. I feel these two topics are very closely related. My posts will probably be some discussion here or there along with occasional photos of NEC travels.

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
Hello all, I have been taking the NEC services for travel between NJ and Washington for several years now and it has become a hobby of sorts to track ongoing infrastructure work going on while on my travels and follow the rollout of the new Acela sets. I feel these two topics are very closely related. My posts will probably be some discussion here or there along with occasional photos of NEC travels.
Welcome aboard. I see you have already started participating very constructively in the NEC HSR and infra related threads. Glad to have you aboard!