Why does the Crescent still have no diner?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought in order to accept the latest government covid assistance, Amtrak had to put the trains back the way they were, but 19 and 20 still have no diner.

jb
Only restore frequencies. The bill says nothing about specific on board services.

And even if it said anything about restoring on board service, Crescent was already on Flex Menu with the Diner reserved for Sleeper passengers when the pandemic struck, so at best it would be restored to what it already has. But as mentioned above the Bill says nothing about it.

Western trains are getting traditional dining back because Amtrak had said all along that they would, once the pandemic was over.

Last edited:
As I said before it appears that Amtrak did not get all the OBS persons to return yet. "IF" that is true the that effects both dining and train consists of revenue cars. (coaches and sleepers), Amtrak is issuing employment openings for OBS and I believe also T&E.

Back