Will full service dining ever return to the Western trains?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it’s ok in restaurants why not on trains, planes, or hotel chains where your free breakfast is a stale pastry wrapped in plastic. Surely the opportunity to save money can’t be the reason.

The homewood suites that I recently stayed at had the full hot buffet available but masked employees plated the food for you. That’s a change I would love to see as buffets always make me a little nervous!

Odd. This thread had many posts through September, 2020, then went dead until yesterday. Am I missing something in between? I just saw this sample western route menu and couldn't believe my eyes. Am I simply dreaming?

https://www.amtrak.com/content/dam/...routes/Long-Distance-Dining-Car-Menu-0120.pdf
As I don't eat meat, there are two, count'em two, non-meat dinner possibilities and both look yummy. I plan to travel cross country in 2022 and was dreading being very limited in my eating choices.

Odd. This thread had many posts through September, 2020, then went dead until yesterday. Am I missing something in between? I just saw this sample western route menu and couldn't believe my eyes. Am I simply dreaming?

https://www.amtrak.com/content/dam/...routes/Long-Distance-Dining-Car-Menu-0120.pdf
As I don't eat meat, there are two, count'em two, non-meat dinner possibilities and both look yummy. I plan to travel cross country in 2022 and was dreading being very limited in my eating choices.
This was the menu pre-Covid. No idea if it will be the one used when traditional dining is reinstated. However with more and more positive messages coming out, there is a possibility it will come back like this or better. We will just have to wait and see what unfolds

Oh. Then Amtrak's IT department should not be showing them in conjuntion with the comment about restarting traditional dining, don't you think?

Oh. Then Amtrak's IT department should not be showing them in conjuntion with the comment about restarting traditional dining, don't you think?
The comments are in a box at the top of their existing page, just like the flex meal comments. I doubt they even thought about how users would think the menus were up-to-date.

Back