Will Ram 1500 fit on Auto Train?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Need some info has anyone taken a 2019 Ram Limited 1500 truck? I what to know if it fits on the train I am aware of the requirements and I am good on the height its the width I'm concerned with, because they say 84" and the factor says 82.1" but when I fold in the mirrors in it measure around 84.5" I want to make sure before I buy my tickets thanks for the help?

PVD

Conductor
AU Supporter
Car and Driver lists it at 82.1 without mirrors....might be different final number with different styles of mirror if offered

Just-Thinking-51

Conductor
AU Lifetime Supporter
AU Supporter
As long as it’s not a dual rear tire set up, and your mirrors can be retract for not have a trailer behind you. Then you should be good to go. Never hurts to ask Amtrak, but I have not had any issues with my full size pick up. (GM)

As long as it’s not a dual rear tire set up, and your mirrors can be retract for not have a trailer behind you. Then you should be good to go. Never hurts to ask Amtrak, but I have not had any issues with my full size pick up. (GM)
Thank you, It's not a dually and my mirrors can go in. I did call Amtrak first and the person who tried to help did not know.