Williams Az.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKA

OBS Chief
Will be in Williams one day. Wondering what to do after our tour. Tour will end about 5:00 PM. Going out on west bound SWC. at 10:00 PM apox. Wondering how to fill five hours.

Also any information about taxis would be helpful.

Town is just across the tracks from the GCRY Hotel (most likely you will be getting the shuttle from there)...walk over there to the Route 66 district and have dinner or something. Just a few blocks. We were there in January.

Having done this before.. They usually give you a voucher for a meal at a diner. Good food too! Williams is an interesting little town as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had our dinner voucher changed from our arrival day to our departure day. Arriving on the SWC from LA is at oh-dark-hundred. We checked into the hotel and a friend of mine living in AZ drove up and we spent the day/evening running around including dinnner in town. We took the train to the South Rim the next day. After two days at the Canyon we returned to Williams, where we used that voucher for dinnner and just "hung around" the gift shop and hotel lobby until time to catch the SWC back to L.A. In any event, the town is easy to get around on foot which I did taking photos.

... just "hung around" the gift shop and hotel lobby until time to catch the SWC back to L.A. In any event, the town is easy to get around on foot which I did taking photos.
Is there a shuttle from the SWC to the hotel and back? The SWC arrives around 11pm if ontime so would not want to walk, unless it is just across the street.

The train stops in Williams Junction. There is no way to get to the station except by taking the provided shuttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back