Winnemucca station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanson

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
We are heading east from Emeryville to Winnemucca next month, getting off and reboarding three days later, still eastbound. Could anyone describe what the station is like? Particularly, are there benches?

And do I understand that it's actually two separate platforms, or am I confusing it with a different station?

We are heading east from Emeryville to Winnemucca next month, getting off and reboarding three days later, still eastbound. Could anyone describe what the station is like? Particularly, are there benches?

And do I understand that it's actually two separate platforms, or am I confusing it with a different station?
I believe you are thinking of Elko?

I noticed that on one of my westbound trips on the CZ, Winnemucca was one of the most important stops en route. It was where a septic truck pulled alongside and pumped out some sewage. I don't know if this is a routine service there or was special to that trip.

Was just at the Winnemucca station a couple of months ago, and yes I got photos. There are outside benches both sides of the shelter (you can see my stuff parked by/on one of them). No other facilities (nearest restrooms are at the main drag restaurants). Only one platform, with paved parking. It looks like they got recent funding for this, because last time I was there it was a gravel lot and a bare platform & no shelter.

newengld22_eb3.jpg

Back